You are here:
Salary: £21,000.00 - £25,000.00 annual
Location: Central London
Job Title: PRS Case Assessor
We are currently recruiting for a PRS Case Assesor position to report to the Senior Case Officer. The job holder will be responsible for PRS complaints, from initial enquires, complaint handling, attempting early resolution and resolution by way of decision.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Handling and resolving a set number of complaints received by the scheme by way of early resolution, default decision or proposed decision ensuring all KPIs and timescales are followed.
* Providing pre complaint advice to Members and Complainants over the telephone and by email.
* Working with the Senior Case Officer and Head of Redress in escalating and investigating requests for reviews of decisions, as well as responding to complaints against the Scheme
* Liaising with Members and Complainants by telephone and email to attempt to achieve a resolution to the complaint.
* Checking and logging complaints, ensuring that all information is recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
* Administering the process of collecting and collating complaint evidence and entry level complaint fees, ensuring that the correct procedures are followed within the required timescales.
* Assisting with maintenance of the complaints spreadsheet/log and providing data to relevant parties when required
* Assisting with training of staff where required including company induction and overview sessions
* Assisting with preparation of monthly reports for Government and internal purposes and assisting with the production of the annual report.
* Providing support when required for communication and membership enquires and calls.
* Providing other assistance as required ensuring the smooth running of the PRS and which may be required by the Senior Case Officer or Operations Manager (Legal).
* Ensuring that all company security procedures, as detailed in the Personal Information Security Policy, are followed and any areas of concern are notified to the department manager
Skills & Knowledge Required:
* Previous work experience relating to complaint or claims handling within a property, legal or customer service environment.
* Experience in the property sector especially the private rented sector is desirable, as well as a basic understanding of the insurance or financial services industry.
* Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely (following training)
* Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
* Excellent attention to detail ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
* Excellent understanding of PRS Terms of Reference (following training).
* Ability to work within a team environment and to co-operate with team members thereby building effective working relationships
* Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to learn new systems and processes as required.
* Drive and self-determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems.
* Ability to plan and organise making effective use of time and resources.
Douglas Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK’s leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.
Don’t miss the next vacancy, signup and receive updates, help and advice in our newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox.