You are here:
ROLE: Legal Accounts Manager
SALARY: £24,000 - £26,000
HOURS: Full Time ( 8.45am to 5.30pm )
Competitive salary + career progression
A national law firm based in Liverpool are seeking an experienced Legal Accounts Manager to join them in their office on Mathew Street. Our client has a reputation for personal service and expert advice over 75 years. They are a leading private client and commercial UK law practice.
Our client is looking for a legal accounts manager who has at least 5 years expereince in the role. It is essential that they have experience in producing management information.
Other typical duties will include:
* Management of a team of two cashiers
* Ensuring compliance with SAR rules
* Daily liaison with and support to be provided to firm's equity partners in their management of the practice
* Preparation of firm's accounts to trial balance stage on a monthly basis
* Adherence to firm's internal and external reporting timetables and deadlines
* Liaison with the firm's bankers in relation to bank account maintenance and transaction processing
* Review existing accounts department procedures and suggest and implement improvements as appropriate to ensure optimal efficiency
* Preparing and reviewing Client to Office Transfers and daily Bank Reconciliations
* Regular review of matter balance reports to ensure that billings are accelerated and that cash is collected as soon as possible once time has been invoiced.
* Ownership to be taken of firm's aged debt profile.
* Posting of Client and Office Receipts
* Processing of Client and Office Payments by Chaps or Cheque
* Ensuring information is recorded and filed correctly
* Liaising with branch offices to answer any queries and provide support to Fee Earners
* To maintain VAT records, prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
* To produce such internal reports as may be required to ensure fee earners take prompt action to comply with the Firm's policies regarding billings, debts, disbursements and WIP
* To ensure that all records on the system are up to date and reliable, taking prompt and effective action to maintain accuracy at all ties
* To co operate fully with the Firm's Practice Director to ensure effective performance of the Firm's Accounts function
* To undertake training of new and existing staff in Accounts procedures to ensure that they are able to fully and effectively perform their roles at all times
* Petty cash accounting
To be considered for this position it is important that you have previous experience as a Legal Accounts Manager within a law firm.
Please contact me to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Leon Pierce | Recruitment Consultant
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment
The best number to reach me on today is 0161 233 6360 Ext 1040
Please contact Leon Pierce, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK’s leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our Liverpool based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.
Don’t miss the next vacancy, signup and receive updates, help and advice in our newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox.