You are here:
Legal Compliance Officer/ Team Leader
Manchester City Centre
Leading Law firm
Full time - permanent role
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
A leading law firm based in Manchester City Centre is seeking a Legal Compliance officer to join them on a full time permanent basis. The role will also be leading the Compliance team and have team leader/managerial responsibilities.
The purpose of the role is to manage, monitor and record all client complaints received by the firm in line with regulatory bodies. This role will also include developing the team and continually reviewing processes and anti-money laundering checks.
* Day to day management of the complaints process
* Assist Practice groups in reviewing complex or high-risk complaints to ensure satisfactory conclusion
* Management of communications with the Legal Ombudsman
* Assist with analysis of complaints data
* Ensure compliance with the current systems and process for the effective management of client complaint
* Provide advice and guidance to Practice groups on the Legal Ombudsman protocols and scheme rules.
* Regular review of current complaints handling procedures across all Practice groups
* Preparation of relevant training materials and regulatory updates for colleagues
* Working closely with the more inexperienced members of the team to develop their knowledge across the complaints process and all Practice groups.
* Candidates must have a legal qualification at any level
* Candidates should have experience working within a law firm or legal department and fully understand how a law firm works
* Knowledge of the SRA rules including conflicts of interests and knowledge of case law on conflicts of interest.
* Knowledge of anti-money laundering legislation.
* Knowledge of the complaints process within a legal environment
* Customer Service experience
* Personable and able to speak to people on all levels
* Team Player
* Positive proactive individual
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is an excellent role for an experienced Compliance/Conflicts Officer to join a leading law firm and lead a team. This role is offering a competitive salary + benefits.
To apply please email your CV to Jayne@douglas-scott.co.uk
Please contact Jayne Kivlehan, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration. If you have not been contacted within five working days you should assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment are a Legal Recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more legal jobs in the UK.
Douglas Scott are the Legal Recruitment experts and the UK’s leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our Manchester based legal jobs with confidence, we are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this role with you and seek your approval before submitting your application directly to the decision maker.
This job is no longer live; please contact to discuss similar vacancies
Don’t miss the next vacancy, signup and receive updates, help and advice in our newsletters, delivered straight to your inbox.